Abbreviations used in this paper:CD (celiac disease), GFD (gluten-free diet), GIP (gluten immunogenic peptides), ppm (parts per million)
- Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 30: 315-330
- Gastroenterology. 2017; 152: 787-798.e2
- BMC Gastroenterol. 2013; 13: 40
- PLoS One. 2008; 3: e2294
- Cereal Chem. 2015; 92: 513-521
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 85: 160-166
- Am J Clin Pathol. 2002; 118: 459-463
- Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019; 17: 2603-2604
- A validated disease-specific symptom index for adults with celiac disease.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009; 7: 1328-1334
- Am J Gastroenterol. 2016; 111: 1456-1465
Conflicts of interest These authors disclose the following: Jocelyn A. Silvester serves on an advisory board of Takeda Pharmaceuticals and has received research support from Cour Pharmaceuticals, Glutenostics, and the Celiac Disease Foundation. Ciarán P. Kelley has acted as a scientific advisor to Cour Pharmaceuticals, Glutenostics, ImmunogenX, Innovate, and Takeda and as principal investigator on a research grant on celiac disease supported by Aptalis. Donald R. Duerksen has received research funding from Biomedal SL; has served as a consultant for Takeda Pharmaceuticals and Shire Canada; and is chair of the Professional Advisory Council of the Canadian Celiac Association.
Funding This study was funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research , the Manitoba Health Research Council (now Research Manitoba ), and the Canadian Celiac Association JA Campbell Fund. Biomedal SL provided reagents. Jocelyn A. Silvester received salary support from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research , Canadian Association of Gastroenterology , Harvard Medical School Eleanor and Miles Shore Fellowship, and the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases of the National Institutes of Health under award numbers K23DK119584 and T32DK07760 . Carolina Sousa was supported by Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad, Spain SAF2017-83700-R. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.